For those of you who don’t know, or just haven’t quite figured it out yet, I’m kind of a nerd. One of my favorite past times, which doesn’t actually make me nerdy at all, is to read. Because reading is freaking awesome. And everyone should do it. Remember, my opinion is totally what matters here.
As a dead girl with a healthy appetite for reading material, I found a list on tor.com of zombie books. Here’s the list of books they provided. I’m going to attempt to find them all at the library and read them and then tell you if I think they should actually be called an essential zombie read or not. I’m a zombie so I feel like I can be an expert on this topic after all.
1. Patient Zero (Joe Ledger Series #1) by Jonathan Maberry
2. My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Dianna Rowland
3. Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy #1) by Mira Grant
4. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
5. The Brain Eater’s Bible by J.D. McGhoul with Pat Kilbane
6. Portlandtown by Rob DeBorde
7. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
8. The Passage by Justin Cronin
10. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
11. World War Z by Max Brooks
12. Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry
So this looks like my summer reading list. I should like start a book club or something for folks like myself. How fun would that be? Or maybe just people who like zombies and want to read books about zombies with a zombie? That would be fun I think. I mean, I’d do it if I weren’t a zombie. We shall see what I can find at the library. Go free books. I have no money!
If you have any awesome zombie books that you read and isn’t on this list, let me know. I’m betting there are lots of other great zombie books out there I should check out.
Read a good book and don’t get bit.